Most of the attention on Saturday is going to be on the Hugo Award results but, as Worldcon regulars know, the Hugo ceremony is home to a number of other awards:
- The First Fandom Hall of Fame Award acknowledges the life-long enthusiasm of one of the self-styles dinosaurs of fandom;
- The Big Heart Award is another fan award given for service to the community;
- And the Nippon 2007 committee may choose to give out a Special Award or two.
With the Worldcon being in Japan, you may be wondering about Japanese awards. We have identified two:
- The Komatsu Sakyo Award is for promising new talent; and
- The Nihon SF Taisho Award is given by the Japanese equivalent of SFWA.
Other Japanese awards are mentioned on the Nippon 2007 web site.
One set of awards that will be missing from the Hugo ceremony is the Seiuns. That, of course, is because they are getting their very own ceremony, in which the full list of Seiuns will be presented. More on that tomorrow.