This year’s Australian NatCon, held in conjunction with Aussiecon 4, will be a lighthearted affair. As you might guess from the name, Dudcon, they are not taking themselves very seriously. They will, of course, present the Ditmar Awards, but alongside that they have resurrected a legendary Australian fan award: Best Fannish Cat.
According to their website, the rules of the award are as follows:
- Only financial members of Dudcon III (49th Australian National SF Convention) are eligible to nominate for this award and may nominate up to three different nominees.
- Only financial members of Dudcon III (49th Australian National SF Convention) are eligible to vote for this award.
- Nominees must be natural members of the species Felis Catus.
- Nominees must be resident in Australia at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be alive at the time of nomination.
- Nominators may be asked to substantiate the “Fannish” aspect of the nominee. Ownership by or association with fans would ordinarily be sufficient.
- This rule intentionally left blank.
- All decisions of the award committee will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
In the spirit of our Recommendation Lists we invite persons owned by fannish cats who qualify for nomination to link to pictures of their owners in comments below. LOLcat captions are optional.